Research Paper Writing
Research Paper Topics for High School Students
Research Paper Topics for High School Students Writing a research paper at high school is always a challenging task, especially for those students who have to work on a large research project for the first time in their academic life. The first step of the writing process is to choose the right topic.
It is very important to choose the topic that is of personal interest and can be researched. Moreover, the topic should fit the requirements given by instructor. You cannot choose to write about space if the teacher specifically noted that the topic should be related to your daily life, for example.
The following list of topics includes several interesting and yet easy ideas that can be used for research paper writing at high school.
- Obesity in the USA: reasons
- Is animal testing ethical?
- Deterring effect of capital punishment
- What age is appropriate for dating?
- The world without rules
- Importance of fashion
- Nuclear weapons: global peacemakers?
- Internet addiction of kids
- Modern Native Americans
- Terrorism vs. Organized Crime
- Al Capone and Chicago Wars
- Black Organized crime
- Sex education for high school
- Political parties in the United States
- Comparison of Moon and Mars
- Methods to use natural resources effectively
- Human rights in modern America
- Impact of teen pregnancy?
- Stem cell research
- Superpowers: the U.S. and China
- Driving tipsy vs. driving tired
- Stereotypical attitudes to women
- Modern education as business
- How it would be like to grade the teacher
- Should boys and girls be separated during classes?
- Destruction of woods in Brazil
- Should government spend money to explore space?
- Homeless animals care
- Fast food tax is a good idea
- Child sexual abuse: how to solve the problem
- Future of football in the United States
- Should recycling plastic be mandatory?
- In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie?
- Should government allow women to work “men' jobs?
- Air pollution due to space exploration
- Global warming and its effect on the United States
- Is abortion justified?
- Does the media sensationalize news?
- Advertising of smoking
- Ways to protect children in modern schools
What to do next?
The choice of research paper topic is just the first step. Next, you need to conduct deep research and find supporting evidence. You cannot write a good research paper without using evidence at least because this assignment presupposes that you need to back your ideas with relevant facts, statistics, and expert opinion. No matter how informed you are on the topic or how many articles and books you have read before, you must cite your sources in your paper. The most common styles used for citation of sources are APA and MLA. There are several differences between these two styles and you need to study both to be sure they are used properly both in text and at the end of the paper. Finally, do not forget to proofread your paper once you are done with writing.