Romeo and Juliet Essay
We recommend you several steps to write a good essay about Romeo and Juliet.
The First Step.
Reading the Play of William Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet
(And Watching at Your Wish Romeo and Juliet Film)
The first step is reading the play of William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet. If you wish, you can also download and watch Romeo and Juliet film. It may help you to feel the emotions of the main characters. However, nothing can be better than reading the whole play of William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet.
The Second Step.
Choosing the Direction of Writing a Romeo and Juliet Essay
To make your essay more original, you have to narrow the topic. The questions below we have prepared can help you with this task.
- Who are your favorite characters of Romeo and Juliet play? Can you describe their positive and negative traits?
- What is your personal opinion on the following questions: Is Romeo an ideal boy? If your answer is “Yes, he is', prove your point of view. If your answer is “No, he isn’t', list his negative traits. Is Juliet an ideal girl? If your answer is “Yes, she is', prove your point of view. If your answer is “No, she isn’t', list her negative traits.
- Can you imagine a family life of Romeo and Juliet several years later? How do you think is it an ideal married couple?
- Can you list the reasons why Romeo and Juliet shouldn’t commit a suicide?
- Modern Romeos and Juliets: Is their existence possible in our modern world? Are the problems of Romeo and Juliet relevant nowadays?
- Can you compose you own happy end to the story about Romeo and Juliet? Choose the most interesting question namely for you to give a detailed answer on it. You can also add your own questions for writing a Romeo and Juliet essay.
The Third Step.
Writing a Romeo and Juliet Essay
1. The First Variant of Writing an Essay about Romeo and Juliet
Suppose you have chosen the fourth question “Can you list the reasons why Romeo and Juliet shouldn’t commit a suicide?' for writing your essay. In this case your Romeo and Juliet essay will have the elements of a persuasive essay type. The first thing you need to write an essay on this topic is to brainstorm your ideas and name all the reasons against of a suicide:
1) committing a suicide is a sin;
2) both Romeo and Juliet may fall in love with other people one more time;
3) both Romeo and Juliet should think about their parents…
After that, give a detailed explanation of all the listed reasons against committing a suicide:
1) committing a suicide is a sin – Romeo and Juliet expected being together after the death, but they didn’t take into consideration that all the sinners (particularly, the suicides) are being punished during the eternal life in Hereafter; so they wouldn’t be happy together anyway;
2) both Romeo and Juliet may fall in love with other people one more time – when we are head over heels in love with somebody, it seems to us that our feelings are undying; however, nobody knows if his / her love is for life;
3) both Romeo and Juliet should think about their parents – when we are head over heels in love with somebody, we often forget about out parents and friends, but it doesn’t mean we are not in need of them and they are not in need of us…
Try to answer the question: “Which of the arguments is the most and the least compelling to Romeo and Juliet?'. You may also say which of the listed arguments is the most and the least convincing to you.
2. The Second Variant of Writing an Essay about Romeo and Juliet
Suppose you have a desire to compose your own happy end to the most famous play of William Shakespeare.
Imagine that you are well experienced psychologist. Juliet, Romeo, their parents turn for help of you independently from each other. They are all in need of the aid of a professional. Help them!
In this case your Romeo and Juliet essay will have the elements of a problem solution essay type.
Be creative in writing your Romeo and Juliet essay!