Great Persuasive Topics for Speech
To impress the audience with your persuasive speech and make them side with you, first of all, you need to make sure that the topic you choose is timely and engaging. Think of a subject that concerns all of us and calls for urgent actions to be taken.
Choose What You Like Best
Apart from that, your topic must be something that you are passionate about. If you don't feel confident about your own stance the audience will sense it immediately. So, if you are keen on different gadgets, go to argue how technology has changed our lives to the better and or how it will in the future; if you are an environmentalist, then there is nothing easier, with such urgent topics as global warming, tree felling and recycling being available for you.
Although you must be aware of all the pros and cons of your thesis, remember to align your speech with just one side and only touch upon opposing arguments to crash them completely.
We've made up a list of good topics for persuasive speeches to get you started:
- Recycling is a useless measure in the present-day ecology
- Drunk driving should be punished more severely
- Fast food is not so dangerous as we are told
- Marijuana should be legalized
- Video games are harmful for children
- Digital tools will soon replace people at workplace
- Home schooling is the best alternative to traditional schools
- Globalisation has favorable impact upon developing countries
- Genetic engineering has a large scientific potential
- Working flexible hours boosts the performance
- Violent sports should be banned
- Intellectual property should be protected more rigorously
- Blood donating has to be mandatory for all eligible people
- Curfews for teenagers should be introduced
- Plastic surgery should be illegal
- Pesticides should be prohibited
- Learning foreign languages is useless
- Keeping animals in captivity is cruel
- It's impossible to live on the minimum wage
- The Third World War is inevitable
- Mobile phones should be forbidden to use at school
- Single parents should not be allowed to adopt orphans
- Labour camps are the best alternative to prisons
- There are too many immigrants in the USA
- Glass ceiling for women is still present at modern workplace
- Our political system is fundamentally wrong
- Friendship has lost its value for us
- Our economy is too dependent on large banks
- The government spends too much money on space exploration
- IQ tests do not reflect the human intelligence objectively
If you choose something from this list, keep in mind that you can take the opposite stance in case you have a different opinion.
Ready to Start?
A good and appealing topic accounts for half of your success. Bu the other half lies with the arguments you provide: make sure that you find fresh examples and credible scientific evidence to flesh your speech out.
Hire us to write you a truly amazing speech on whatever subject you like! This way you are at once ensured a higher mark and heaps of free time to spend on your favorite activities. Rely on us and we'll perform your assignment better than you can imagine!