How to Write an Outline for Process Essay
Do not underestimate the power of an outline for a process essay. It will most definitely prove to be useful and helpful in the end. The post describes the most common parts for outlines of process essays. Additionally, an example essay is reviewed.
The following information should be provided in order to make an outline:
- Skills that you want to teach readers. The topic should be clearly identified by the writer.
- Equipment and materials necessary for the process. Write down information about all equipment which is needed to achieve the goal, along with necessary sizes, if required.
- Warnings. Describe the conditions under which the process should be implemented in order to ensure safe work and success.
- Steps. Make a list with the steps of the process, beginning with initial preparations.
- Tests. Describe conditions or tests which enable readers to make sure that the process was carried out successfully.
Example of Process Essay Organization
Skills that you want to teach readers:
Shooting a three-pointer in basketball.
Equipment and materials necessary for the process:
Ball, court with a rim, three-point line.
Be sure to practice your shot on a flat surface. Also, do not expect to shoot like a pro by the end of the day.
- Make sure you are behind a three-point line. Of you are closer to the basket, that’s a two-point shot.
- Take the ball with both hands. Use your right hand to guide the direction of flight. Left hand should assist right in pointing the ball in the right direction.
- Bring the ball up in the air and shoot a jumper. Bend your knees slightly and see how much is right for you.
- Release the ball. Follow it to the rim by stretching your shooting hand.
- Practice the shot until you feel the release is quick and natural.
The ball should not touch the board; this indicates that you shoot too strong. The perfect shot is called “nothing but net.' Remember to include the following helpful words: “then', “next', “after', “begin by' to make clear transitions between sentences and paragraphs. Moreover, they guide the reader and help to understand the content.