Global Warming Essay
1. Reading Some Literature Concerned with Global Warming Issue
If you have to write a global warming essay, we recommend you to read some scientific literature on this topic. Even if you are sure in your good knowledge on the subject, refresh your memory in the library or the Internet. Anyhow, you have a chance to find recently published articles or books concerned with global warming. There are three possible situations after the reading scientific literature:
1. The First Situation
You are convinced in the fact that a global warming is a very serious problem and both the scientist and ordinary people have do their best to prevent our planet of it.
2. The Second Situation
You think that all the data about global warming, climate change, ecological catastrophe are neither more than fairy tales or terrifying stories for little kids. You believe that there is no a real risk of global warming, but there is a “global lie'.
3. The Third Situation
You have been lost in such a broad and contradictory topic as a “Global Warming'. You have no your own point of view on this issue. For all that, to your mind, it is a task of ecologists to solve or not to solve the problem of global warming. Remember that in any case you have to write a good essay on global warming. We hope that our easy recommendations will help you with writing a global warming essay.
2. Looking through the Questions and Choosing the Most Appropriate One Namely for You
In the case if you have the first or the second situation after having read the scientific literature, you may look through these 3 groups of questions:
- What are the causes of climate change? What are the potential consequences of climate change?
- Can you compare the climate conditions of our world today and several hundreds (thousands, millions) of years ago? Can you make a comparative analysis of our modern climate conditions and potential climate conditions in several hundreds (thousands, millions) of years?
- Should the government support research and development concerned the prevention of global warming? Do we have a real risk of damage from global warming?
Which of the groups of questions are the most attractive namely to you? Choose one of the questions (or a group of questions) to give a detailed answer for writing your global warming essay.
Don’t be despair if your situation is the last one and you have no desire to look on global warming issue in the eyes of a scientist.
May be, you have a great imagination and good narrative skills. In this case ask yourself a question: “Can I compose my own fantastic story concerned with global warming issue?'
3. Defining an Essay Type You Will Write
- If you are sure that you can answer the questions “What are the causes of climate change?' or “What are the potential consequences of climate change?', you may write a cause and effect essay on global warming.
- In the case if you are able to make a comparative analysis of the climate conditions in different periods of time throughout the history of the world, write a compare and contrast essay about global warming issue. You may compare our modern climate conditions and potential climate conditions in several hundreds of years, or you may compare the potential climate conditions in several thousands of years and the climate conditions thousands years ago, etc.
- In the case if you can persuade other people in the fact that our government should (or vice versa, shouldn’t) support research and development concerned the prevention of global warming, try to write a persuasive essay on global warming topic.
- If you don’t want to discuss a global warming problem from a scientific point of you, but you have a fertile imagination, compose your own fantastic story about the world after global warming. In this case you will write a narrative essay.
Good luck in writing your global warming essay!