Death Penalty Essay
We strongly recommend you to narrow the topic “Death Penalty' for your essay. To do it, you first need to read these four groups of questions:
1. Reading the Questions and Selecting the Most Interesting One Namely for You
1. Should it be a death penalty for especially dangerous criminals in our state? Can you list the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of legal punishment?
2. Which is the most serious punishment: a death penalty or a life imprisonment? Which is the more adequate punishment for especially dangerous criminals: a death penalty or a life imprisonment?
3. Have you ever read a book where one of the characters is a prisoner sentenced to death? Can you make a literary analysis of it?
4. Can you compose your own story about a prisoner sentenced o death? (NB! If you know a real story concerned with especially dangerous criminals from the experience of your relatives, friends or old acquaintances, don’t forget to change all the names, dates and other important facts for ethical reasons). Can you choose one of these groups of questions for writing your death penalty essay? (If your answer is negative, compose your own question to give a detailed answer on).
2. Defining an Essay Type You Will Write
1. If you know several convincing arguments to prove your own point of view concerned with the question “Should it be a death penalty for especially dangerous criminals in our state?', you should write a persuasive essay about death penalty.
2. In the case if you want to make a comparative analysis of different kinds of punishment, you may write a compare and contrast essay on death penalty.
3. If you have ever read a literary work concerned with death penalty, try to write a literary analysis essay on this topic.
4. If you have a desire to tell your own story about a prisoner sentenced to death, write a narrative essay on this topic.
3. Giving a Title for Your Death Penalty Essay
1. If you write a persuasive essay on death penalty, a title for it may be in form of a question (“Should it Be a Death Penalty for Especially Dangerous Criminals in Our State?'), a confirmation (“It Should Be a Death Penalty for Especially Dangerous Criminals in Our State) or a negation (“It Shouldn’t Be a Death Penalty for Especially Dangerous Criminals in Our State).
2. If you write a compare and contrast essay on death penalty, you may choose a title for your essay from the following examples: “A Death Penalty vs. a Life Imprisonment', “Which is the Most Serious Punishment: a Death Penalty or a Life Imprisonment?', “Which is the More Adequate Punishment for Especially Dangerous Criminals: a Death Penalty or a Life Imprisonment?', etc.
3. In the case if you write a literary analysis essay concerned with death penalty, you have to involve the title of book and its author in the title of your own essay.
4. If you write a narrative essay about death penalty, the possible variants of titles for your essay are: “How a Prisoner Sentenced to Death Proved to Be Not Guilty', “How Two Prisoners Sentenced to Death Became the Best Friends', “How One Prisoner Sentenced to Death Saved a Life to the Other Prisoner Sentenced to Death' and so on.
P.S. You may combine some elements of different essay types in your own essay. For example, if you write a compare and contrast essay on death penalty, you can give some arguments to prove your own point of view on the question “Which is the More Adequate Punishment for Especially Dangerous Criminals: a Death Penalty or a Life Imprisonment?'. Don’t be afraid to write your own original thoughts!