Community Service Essay
If you have to write a community service essay, we recommend you to narrow this topic according to your interests.
To narrow the topic, look through these five groups of questions we have prepared for writing a community service essay.
1. Questions Concerned with Community Service Topic
- Have you ever been a volunteer? Have you ever been a member of a voluntary organization? Can you write about your own experience?
- What is your personal opinion on the following questions: Should school teachers discuss community service issue with the students? Should parents teach their children to be helpful? Is it an important character trait in our modern world?
- Can you compare the personality traits of volunteers and those people who do nothing to help others? Can you compare the quality of a voluntary work and well-paid work (according to your own experience or experience of your relatives, friends and old acquaintances)?
- What are the main reasons of being a volunteer? What would be the consequences if all the people were volunteers?
- How can we be sure in the high quality community service? How can we increase the amount of people who are ready to work without being paid? How to bring up a young volunteer? Choose one of these five groups of question which is the most interesting namely for you.
2. Defining an Essay Type You Will Write
- If you have ever been a volunteer (a member of a voluntary organization) and can share your own experience with your potential readers, you may write a reflective essay concerned with community service issue.
- In the case if you have a gift to persuade other people, you can write a persuasive essay on community service topic.
- If you want to make a comparative analysis, write a compare and contrast essay on community service topic.
- In the case if your choice is the fourth group of questions, write a cause and effect essay concerned with community service issue.
- If you have chosen the last group of questions as the most interesting for you, you may try to write a problem solution essay about community service.
Writing a Problem Solution Essay on Community Service Topic
Suppose you have chosen the question “How can we be sure in the high quality community service?' to write a community service essay.
1. An Introduction Paragraph
You may start your essay with a statement like this: “It’s not a secret that some people do so called “voluntary work' not with the best motives, but mainly for hyping about it. That’s why a community service sometimes may be a clumsy assistance…'
2. Supporting Paragraphs
As you write a problem solution essay, you have to offer the possible ways of solving the problem in the body paragraphs of your essay.
2.1. The First Way of Solving the Problem
You may say that one of the possible ways of solving the problem of poor quality community service is high requirements and strict selections of potential volunteers. However, it may cause another problem which is reducing the amount of volunteers.
2.2. The Second Way of Solving the Problem
The second way of solving this problem is more durable. Write that parents should teach their kids to be responsible for their actions. The disadvantage of this method is its duration in time. Add your own ways of solving this problem and describe their pros and cons.
3. A Conclusion Paragraph
You may make a conclusion that we have combine different ways of solving the problem of poor quality community service for the best result.
Good luck in writing your community service essay!