Common App Essay Questions
One of the most spread difficulties in writing essay is to find out the idea which would be attractive and meaningful. Our useful tips will help you to find out the best direction from the beginning of the task and to demonstrate a high level in essay writing.
Common App Essay Questions
Some students name common app essay prompts as “common app essay questions'. However, let’s call things by their proper names. As you can see, some of these “common app essay questions' don’t have a question mark. So they are not the “questions', but they are “prompts'.
Here you can see common app essay prompts for 2015 – 2016:
1. “Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story'.
2. “The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?'
3. “Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?'
4. “Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution'.
5. “Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family'.
The golden rule is that more unusual essays attract more attention.
For example, you choice is the first prompt: “Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story'.
Suppose you have an absolute musical ear. If you write that your musical gift helped you a lot to study in the musical school, it will be rather boring. An admission officer may fall asleep while checking your essay!
Instead of it, write a short story how your musical teacher has recognized your talent: “One day we wrote a musical dictation. All the children were listening very attentively, while our teacher was playing on the piano. However, I was very naughty during this process. I was laughing and distracting other children. Then our teacher asked me: “Why are you laughing? Do you have an ideal musical ear?' That day I was ashamed because of this remark, but she was serious. Later I turned out to have an absolute musical ear.
After that, you may mention how your musical talent helps you in your everyday life. For instance, you like hiking trips. Your friends respect you, as you are the first who hear that it will be raining soon. As we know, rain usually starts from very rare drops. You can’t see or feel them, but you hear them thanks to your absolute musical ear. You warn your friends that it will be raining ten minutes later, so you have time for sheltering from the rain.
To write a common app essay, you should remember the main thing: you are not restricted in your answers, so write only your own thoughts and be original.