Common App Essay Prompts
Here you can see common app essay prompts for 2015 – 2016. If you need personal hep with your common application essay, do not hesitate to contact us right away. Our professional writers will assist you with every aspect of application statement writing and editing!
1. “Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story'.
2. “The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?'
3. “Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?'
4. “Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution'.
5. “Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family'.
The golden rule of writing common app essays is being original in your thoughts. Don’t try to write like somebody.
For example, you have chosen the last prompt: “Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family'.
You may write your essay in the romantic style. Tell the story about the baby bird fallen out from the nest. Stress that while you were treating and feeding this baby bird, suddenly you experienced feelings of a mother for the first time in your life. Compare a helplessness of the baby bird with a helplessness of a human baby. Nobody can forbid you to use a hyperbole, as you describe your own emotions concerned to your own experience!
In the end of your essay you may state something like that: “To understand the feelings of a mother, you need to be a mother. I think I became a mother for my baby bird'.
May be, you choice is the first prompt: “Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story'.
If you write that your absolute musical ear helps you to be an excellent violinist and now you are planning to learn the Chinese language, it will be banal. Instead of it, you may tell that you can hear the first rare drops of rain thanks to your absolute musical ear, so you know that it will be raining soon. Thus, your musical gift is useful in your everyday life.
Be original in your ideas!